I wanted to take this first post to have a little fun and give you some fun facts about me!
First, let me say, I’m not a writer or a story teller, but I do like to share my experience and when I come across something new and interesting I can’t keep it to myself, I must tell someone. So that’s what I plan to do here.
I plan on talking to my art collectors about all things art, design, and the inspiration behind the paintings.
For my fellow artists, I’ll be spilling the sweet tea on all my new discoveries in art, business and living life as an artist.
I’ll also be sharing inspiration travel trips, studio updates and what I like to call art dates, where I bring you along with me on art related adventures, like museums and galleries.
Now a little about me:
- I was born and raised in Georgia.
- I’ve lived in 4 different states.
- I’m team summer, 90 degrees and sunshine.
- I’m blessed with the most amazing husband in the whole entire world.
- When I find a new creative hobby, I’ll dive in head first and forget the rest of the world exists.
- I’m working on number 5 and learning to balance more than one thing at a time.
- My favorite color is a deep emerald green.
- I love to cook, I’ve previously worked under a really great chef and learned so much. Cooking is another creative outlet for me.
- I don’t bake, I hate measuring.
- Oil paint is my jam, I use acrylics out of necessity when needed.
- I’m an artist that loves math, something I’ve been told is very rare.
- I want to start a YouTube channel, I’ve been scared to, but I think I’m just going to go for it soon.
- I love nostalgia and have an uncool amount of things from my childhood.
- I like to grow things. I have 8 plants in my studio alone and most of them I have had for over 5 years, some closer to 10.
- My morning routine consists of gardening and yoga.
- I LOVE the water. I’m my happiest on a boat or the beach.
- Fishing is the hobby my husband and I share.
- I’ve wanted to go to Greece since I was in middle school and I’m saving my pennies for a big trip.
- I’m forever learning and I love to solve problems.
- I’m an artist mentor for students in the art program I graduated. I think I learn more from my students than they do from me.
I’m surprised I was able to come up with all 20! I hope you enjoyed this little exercise, maybe I’ll do it again in the future.